Information about applications
The requirements to be accepted in the TCCM Master are:
- Bachelor in Chemistry, Physics or Material Science  or any equivalent level if authorized by the legislation of the corresponding European Country. Other scientific bachelors can be accepted, provided the student takes complementary levelling courses, under the supervision of his/her local Tutor.
- Internationally recognized English proficiency certificate equivalent to a TOEFL score of at least 213/500, 65/120 or 513/677, an IELTS score of at least 6, First Cambridge Certificate or B2.
The same criteria apply to students coming from European and from third countries.
For students coming from third countries or having a Bachelor different from those mentioned above, the possession of the following (or equivalent) subjects at the level of the Chemistry Eurobachelor needs to be certified:
Chemical Bonding, Atomic and Molecular Structure and Intermolecular Interactions, General Physics, Mathematics, General Physical Chemistry, Thermodynamics and Kinetics, Spectroscopy.
Some deficiencies may be remedied through the levelling course. However, if there are deficiencies in more than two of the aforementioned areas, the applicant will not be accepted.
 Students in the last year of any of these Bachelor studies can apply. However, they will be definitely accepted only if they successfully finish their Bachelor studies before the 1st of September of the Academic Year in which they wish to start the Master Courses.
Interested students should fill and submit the corresponding on-line application form that will be published each year in the web page of the Master.
The admission of students and selection of the Scholarship holders is carried out by the TCCM International Committee. The evaluation is made according to the information provided in the application form, supported by the following documents:
- A letter of motivation.
- A CV (European format), including full academic information (degree, matters studied indicating the marks obtained, level of English and all the information the applicant may consider relevant).
- An English transcription of the academic record (and a document describing the subjects studied in the university degree and the marks obtained, with special attention on the ones listed above, for Bachelors not awarded in Europe or different from Physics, Chemistry or Materials Science).
- English transcription of the degree certificates to be considered.
- An internationally recognized English level test.
- A copy of your whole passport, all the pages from the beginning to the end. If your passport doesn't contain the information regarding the last five years, you have to send also a copy of your previous Passport. If you don’t have a passport, then you can send the copy of your id card.
- Proof of place of residence (residence certificate and certificate from the candidate's place of work, study or training)
- The letter of Compliance signed (template to be provided).
- Two letters of recommendation*
All this information should be sent electronically using the online application form before the deadline stablished.
Please note that if the applicant is admitted in the Master, he/she will need to provide mandatorily, the corresponding certified copies of the academic record and degree certificates (legalized accordingly with the applicable legislation between the origin and host country) and English proficiency certificate.
*The referee can send the reference letter to our email address (firstname.lastname@example.org), or, to our mailing address:
Departamento de Química, módulo 13, oficina 303. Facultad de Ciencias
Universidad Autónoma de Madrid
Campus de Cantoblanco
Calle Francisco Tomás y Valiente 7 - 28049 Madrid (SPAIN)
The steps of the selection process are the following:
- Sending of the application form and documentation.
- After deadline, the International Committee scores the applications according with the background, merits etc.
- They make a list with the scores, from the highest to the lowest score .
- From this list are selected the aspirants for the scholarships.
Their referees are contacted to record more information about the corresponding aspirant.
- The selected aspirants for the scholarships are contacted in order to make an appointment for a meeting through skype, phone or by other means.